If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer Firefighter, please feel free to stop by the Fire Station and speak with someone about obtaining an application. In the meantime, you may read some of the general requirements for membership with the Fire District as a Volunteer Firefighter.
Firefighter applications will be accepted throughout the year. However, potential members will only be sworn in in March and August.
- You must be 18 years of age by the time you come off of your probationary period (6 months).
- You must have a current drivers license.
- You must have current auto insurance.
- You must be willing to submit to a criminal and driver license background check.
- You must be willing to commit to training at least twice a week (Monday and Wednesday nights).
- Once you graduate from recruit class, you must obtain a minimum of 15 training hours semi-annually and 30 hours annually.
- You must be willing to commit to participation in Fire District Events (Demo Derby, Fund Raisers, Work Details, etc).
- You must be team oriented and willing to work with others.
- The Fire District is a semi military organization, in that there is a structured rank system. Therefore, you must be respectful of superior rank and seniority.